Believe in Yourself – Tips & Training
The next time you have a match or performance and you start to doubt yourself, think of the incredible innate ability that already exists inside.
- Replay past successful performances where you played at your best.
- Replay only the most powerful of these experiences.
- Replay the memory looking through the eyes of the performer (not looking at yourself from a 3rd person’s perspective)
- Soak up the emotion of how you felt and replay the movie again and again until the movie seems real
- Should the doubt surface again, simply back yourself and replay the movie until it has gone.
Once this vivid movie has helped you dissolve any doubt, create a title and front cover (dvd) to the move. In the future repeating the title to yourself and imagining the front cover may be all you need to ‘back yourself’.
Once the above process has worked on several occasions, find another experience and repeat the above, creating 2 or 3 movies that will may work in different situations. Feel free to change or customise the experience, emotion or detail, to achieve the outcome you need in order to ‘back yourself’.
- The above task may take an hour initially. As you become more familiar with replaying the past experience this whole process can carried out in 10 seconds.
- The brain understand and learns best from images, so the more intense the movie is the greater the effect.
- The more you can practise this task, the more established the mind body connections will become. This process literally reestablishes old connections and allows you to be at your best.
- If the one memory is not working or you are finding a block to reaching the associated feelings, change the experience to another past experience where you have surprised yourself or played your best.
For more info please get in touch or purchase our book on flow.